Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week 3

I know, I know! I really have to work on better post titles but...well just read the post.

So the last couple of weeks have been very lazy unproductive weeks. But I have an excuse. I have a cold...sort of. It's actually is more like I feel like I'm getting a cold or just getting over a cold, I'm not sure which. I've spent the last week waiting for the cold to take me down but nothing. I've had a sore throat on and off, and a slightly stuffed nose but neither of these two symptoms last long nor do I have them at the same time. Is goes back and force. When I wake up I have a stuffed nose but within a couple of hours it's gone but my throat hurts. A few hours after that I won't be able to stop coughing. Back and forth between these three symptoms all day. I wish it would just get lost already.

The only thing that did stay all week was the total body ache. I felt like I'd been forced to work every muscle in my body for hours on end. I used the past tense there but that isn't correct. I'm still in pain.

So it's safe to say I didn't get any of my 101 things completed. Although I did do a bit of cleaning in my room so I suppose that means that #85 is now "in progress". And I did sort through all my knitting papers and organized all my patterns in an actual file box instead of the cardboard one that I'd been using to keep them in. It certainly is a lot easier to find a pattern when I need it. So #36 is "in progress".

I've been doing research on what I have to do to have knitting classes. Where I can have them, how much it will cost etc. So that counts towards #28. So another one "in progress". 

I also joined the 'Canadian Oddball Baby Blanket Knit-a-long' that one of the ladies on KH organized so that counts towards #23.

Still haven't figured out how to deal with #20. I'm having a hard time getting in the mood to write. Which is actually why I put it in there in the first place. Unfortunately I tend to forget that I'm suppose to be writing at all. I'm actually think that I might change it from "Write for 30 minutes everyday" to "Dedicate 30 consecutive minutes everyday to writing." That way even if I don't have the inspiration I need to write I'm setting aside the time to do it if I do end up getting inspired. Plus I'll be creating a routine that will hopefully trigger my brain into realizing that this is writing time not knitting time, TV time, game time, etc. And I might actually  write something. :)

Did any of that make sense?

Oh, I almost forgot. While at Fibrefest on the 7th. I mentioned to my friend that we still had the fleece from when the sheep were sheared back in August and she offered to wash it for me. She's set up for that sort of thing. So now all I have to do is find the time to go up and visit her on a day that she'll have time to do it. And hopefully show me how it's done. Once I do I can change #12 to in progress too.

Okay, so maybe not a completely unproductive week after all.

No comments: